Sunday, May 17, 2009

Extreme Makeover--Me Edition

This week's question from Amber:

Show us your inspiration picture. Of yourself skinny, of yourself fat, of a celebrity that inspires you to keep going.

Firstly I joined a weight loss group at my church. The condition for joining is to start by paying $20. We weigh in weekly and if you gain you have to pay $2. If you MISS a weigh in, it is $5. The group meets for 12 weeks and at the end of that twelve weeks two people split the money in the pot. The one that has lost the most weight and the one that has lost the most inches. Before this group I actually lost a good amount of weight from August to December doing a HCG diet that my entire office was doing. It worked great and I plan to engage in it again. However it is EXCEPTIONALLY expensive i.e. $250 a month. I stopped when I got laid off from my job in December, started eating loads of

carbs and as a result gained all but 10 lbs back!

Not sure if any of you have ever heard of Dailplate.com but it is a great site that allows you to track your weight loss and is TOTALLY Free! It has the caloric count for just about any and everything you eat! It also has great support groups online too!

Now where I am today? I have not had a disciplined week at all. I have been eating only twice a day, only worked out ONE day last week. In spite of all of that, I lost 2 lbs – YIPPEE!!!. Now, I am deciding to be exceptionally open and share my weight. I want this journey to be open to all so you can share my victories and my defeats

. I weighed in at 230 lbs today during our weigh in.



This is a progress pic of me from when I was on HCG Weight Loss Program October of Last year!



Goals for this week:

Cook my lunch for the week on Sunday

Work out 4 days a week

Drink 100 oz of water a day

Log my progress on dailyplate.com




5 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I wish you much success on your journey and congratulations on the 2 lb loss! You've got me in your corner rooting for you and you've also inspired me to work harder on my weight loss journey too!

TiLT said...

you go girl!!
You are looking great!

I really like the way the church group runs, sounds fun & encouraging

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with what ^^^ they said!

WOOHOO!!!

Memories for Life said...

Good luck with your weight loss journey! I think it's great you're doing this in a group...success rates are much higher when you do it this way :)

Emerson Bindery said...

Congrats! Keep up your great attitude and I know you'll see much success!